|Bojano or Boiano is a town and comune in the province of Campobasso, Molise, south central Italy.
It was colonized under both the triumvirates, and by Vespasian, who settled veterans of Legio XI Claudia (whence the name Bovianum Undecumanorum), and remained an important centre into late antiquity.
After the Lombard conquest, the deserted area was given to a group of Bulgars and became a seat of a gastaldate. After two centuries marked by Saracen attacks, in the mid-11th century it was conquered by the Hauteville Normans, becoming a fief of Raoul de Moulins, a companion to Robert Guiscard. The city became a county capital.
The city was destroyed by a long series of earthquakes, the last occurring in 1913.
The church of Sts. Erasmus and Marinus, with a noteworthy Gothic portal.
The Hermitage of St. Egidius, on a 1,025 m high mountain in the neighbourhood.
The remains of the Norman Castle.